The Raven and The Spade
Save the Date: Whidbey Open Studio Tour – August 24-25, with a Preview Invitational August 23rd.
The 2013 Whidbey Open Studio Tour will be an event to remember! We will be holding an Art-in-the-Garden Invitational Preview Show at the Raven and the Spade in Freeland, on August 23rd , 2013 with a sit down dinner, auction and live entertainment. A limited number of tickets will be available on our website in June. The preview will be open to the public on the 24th and 25th and will have an item from each of the participants for your viewing. For an intimate view of our artists at work, we encourage you to take the self-guided tour, to see where the creative spirit begins. Maps will be available at the preview show, the Langley and Freeland Chambers of Commerce, the Visitor Center Kiosk in Clinton and at many local restaurants, wineries, frame shops, real estate offices, motels and inns throughout the south end.
The Raven and The Spade is a certified organic potager garden designed to be a pleasure garden where beauty and productivity are happily interwoven; a garden which spans utilitarian and ornamental ideals. The everyday vegetables and flowers are constantly evolving in a mosaic anchored by wide grass paths that provide quiet rest.
We would like to give all our visitors a special opportunity to slow down wander and enjoy. We encourage nibbling on beautiful certified organic vegetables to decide which is your favorite. We have striven to create a marvelous atmosphere that inspires your imagination as well as your appetite.
The elegant well-proportioned greenhouse of comfortable appeal sits at the north end of the garden. Meyers lemons grown in pots provide fruit and cheerful summer décor among the vegetables. Aromatics such as parsley, tarragon, lemon verbena, chives, thyme and rosemary, intermingle with the vegetables, fruit and flowers as part of the mosaic.
News from the Farm
- Tour d' Talent, an opportunity to visit South Whidbey's Artists in Their Studios December 18, 2012
- Tour d' Talent, Whidbey Open Studio Tour December 18, 2012
- Incredible Edibles... Eggs that is :-) November 15, 2012
- Creative ways to store your farm fresh vegetables! June 28, 2012
- Barn Dancin' at The Raven and The Spade June 15, 2012
- Feeding ones body and soul! March 20, 2012
- Recipes and chatter about canning and such November 17, 2011
- Photo(s) added: November 15, 2011
- Farm Share Information July 26, 2011
- Photo(s) added: , Another New Photo October 12, 2010